The restoration of AEC Reliance CDK172L

Project Dairy September 2005

September 10/11th.          I've had a 3 week break from working on the bus, but now I am back, refreshed and raring to go!

This weekend I've concentrated on refitting new metal work on to the front of 172. As well as completing the entry step support rail, wooden packer and framework between the wheel arch and entrance.

New metalwork in place

Entry step and frame work

September 17/18th          New bottom rails and a continuation of the nearside waist rail have been fitted today after replacing a small section of the rotten stress panel (forward of the rear wheel arch). I have also chopped out a larger rotten section of the stress panel right at the back of nearside.

 

Renewed bottom rail

Rusted area of stress panel

September 24          I've had an easy day today! Just been doing little bits of jobs like fitting locks and foam edging on the nearside locker doors. I have also removed what's was left of the last nearside pillar! Very rotten indeed.

September 30/31          Today I have spent 7 hours making the rear nearside pillar and rails. So now the nearside of 172 is nearly finished ready for re-panelling.

Offering up new near side pillar

October 2005           Home Page

 

© The Yelloway Project 201